Saturday, June 25, 2011

In God's Hands

I'm in God's hands:
About 2 months ago, I noticed a bump on the side of my face, right in front of my ear. We went to the Dr. and she gave me an antibiotic to try to get rid of it. That didn't work so we went to an Ear, Nose, & Throat Dr. and he had me get a cat-scan.
It is a tumor. We are unsure if it is malignant or benign, but I will have to have surgery next month to get it removed. I'm a little nervous about it because it's right on an important gland (can't remember what it's called exactly) and other nerves that make everything on our face move.
My Dr. said the surgery will take at least 3 hours. Already, I just know that Jesus will be there with me, as He is with me always.
There is so much comfort in knowing that loved ones are praying for me. It's one of the very greatest things on earth, I am so thankful for that. How people are able to go through things with no prayer or trust in God, is beyond me. I can't imagine having to go through life without my Heavenly Father with me always.
My family and friends' love, prayers, and support mean the world to me. My Great Uncle sent me a card saying that a candle has been lit for me at a Church for 30 days. Plus, Daddy told us that my Great Uncle had a Mass said for me tonight (honestly, I'm not up on Catholicism, so I don't know if I said that the right way, but I assume you know what I mean anyway). We may not share all the same beliefs, but still, I am very touched by that and it means a lot to me.
Though I am kind of worried about the surgery, I just keep thinking of what so many young children are going through with leukemia and things like that, and my heart hurts for them. What I'm about to go through is minor compared to what they're going through. I can't stand to see anybody hurting, but especially a loved one or a child.

Once again, God has blessed us with a gorgeous day, sometimes I feel that these days are a promise and a reminder of His love. The lovely breezes, the sun hiding behind the clouds and then coming out every now and again to shed some light. Today the breeze is almost chilly, I love it. Just sitting up here in my room, on the floor, with all three of my windows and blinds open, listening to Barlow Girl again-it's wonderful.
On Mommy's and my way home today, I saw 3 more clouds that looked like dragons breathing fire-this is very interesting. 2 of them looked like they were fighting; I pointed them out to Mommy so she saw them too.


Later....
After several hours of not being able to finish my post, I will now finish it at around 2:0o-ish in the morning (just about bedtime around here).


Side-note:
I am now listening to Celtic Thunder's album, "Heritage." My iPod is on shuffle, and, "The Dutchman" just started-this makes me happy.


Goodnight.
Grace be with you.

No comments: