Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another Blessed Day Spent With My Brothers

This last Sabbath, God blessed my brothers and me with another day to spend together.
Tommy came and picked up Chris and me and we took a nice long drive. He showed us the different places he has to go for work sometimes and it was just a really nice drive. He'd turn on some country music and start singing to it in a funny voice (as he always does with us), he also went through the radio stations to find the one that plays German music on Sunday afternoons, because Chris greatly dislikes it, lol.
A funny part of the day was when the sole of Chris' shoe came off and Tommy later told Mommy how Chris "lost his soul." My brothers are hilarious.
On our way back to his place, we stopped at a little store and the two of them went in and got some Smirnoff's stuff and, even though I said I didn't want anything, Tommy just had to get me something anyway, it wasn't bad. He rented a couple movies from a Redbox and then we got to his place and he ordered a couple pizzas, Chris and I helped him clean up his apartment a little bit and then, when the delivery dude came, we ate and watched, "The Voyage of The Dawn Treader" and then, "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows." Harry was good, but the boys were greatly disappointed in Narnia, and so was I because they expressed their disappointment throughout the whole movie, lol. I mean, I've never read the books, but the boys told me about them and, it really is ridiculous how many things were added to the movie and how many things didn't happen at the right time and stuff. I hate when movies based on books are so far off the story, it really is annoying.
Anyway, we just had a really nice day together and it was such a blessing to be able to do that. God is so good! I am so thankful that He blessed my family with such closeness, it's wonderful. My family are literally my best friends and I cherish every minute God blesses me with them.

My favorite quote of the day with my brothers would probably be:
[as we are driving by a lake]
Tommy: "Fun fact: a man drowned in that lake."
Yep, that's our Tommy!


Hope everyone is having a blessed day!
Grace be with you.

No comments: