Saturday, May 11, 2013

S'Mores & "Merlin"

The time is 10:10pm and here I sit, leg up, in the dark, with the only light coming from my lap-top, and that, is how I like it. I meant to write a blog post earlier, but was otherwise engaged writing in one of my stories (I'm in the midst of writing 4) and then wasting too much time on Pinterest. Now, I have no e-mails to write, nothing new on Twitter or Facebook, so here I am. Regrettably the main thing I have been doing throughout all of this recuperating is watch movies, which isn't bad, I guess, since I can't really do anything else and ideas for stories don't often just flow right when you need/want them to. Besides, I rarely watch many movies, and I have some DVD's that I am unable to watch any other time, so why not?
One of the worst things about having surgery and not being able to get around or go anywhere is the fact that Mommy & I are missing Starbucks frappuccino happy hour, which makes me sad. Often they sound so good (ok, maybe they always sound so good....particularly java chip). Ah well, so goes life sometimes.
I am now enjoying my new bedding that Mommy, Daddy, & Chris just put on for me. The sheets are light pink and the comforter is burgundy and it is tufted. It all looks so pretty. And, of course, it wouldn't be the same without my Nani Bear and big Winnie The Pooh bear right next to me (yes, I'm 23 and still have to have stuffed bears on my bed...indeed, Nani Bear comes with me everywhere we go, he's been with me during my doctors' visits, surgeries, scans, chemotherapy, and radiation - I even created a fanpage for him on FB, which has 7 'likes', all of whom I know, indeed, I'm one of them, so clearly, I'm not showing off). I like to have my story journals on my bed, too, in case something pops in my mind that needs to be added.
The movies I've watched (over the course of 5 days) are as follows (some on Netflix, some are my DVD's, and 2 on YouTube):
"The Christmas Card" (about 4 times- DVD)
"The Parent Trap" (original and remake- DVD)
"The Parent Trap II" (DVD)
"Once Upon A Christmas" (DVD)
"Twice Upon A Christmas" (DVD)
"The Muppet Christmas Carol" (my favorite movie ever- DVD)
"A Princess For Christmas" (YouTube)
"Luther" (the story of Martin Luther- YouTube)
"Roman Holiday" (Netflix)
"Neverwas" (Netflix)
Then I've watched a few shows on Netflix. Just a few nights ago, I decided to rewatch "Merlin" (Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Angel Coulby, Katie McGrath) on Netflix, which I've been enjoying immensely; just as good the second time around.


Oh, just yesterday I was informed of some wonderful news that one of my best friends is preggers! I do so look forward to the baby's arrival (due December 15th)....even though we live miles apart and I won't be able to hold the baby for quite some time, regrettably. She and her hubby are going to be wonderful parents and I'm so happy for them!
I am also delighted because Manchester United have won the Premier League and Manchester City lost the FA Cup. Good tidings all around, save for Sir Alex Ferguson retiring from managing Manchester United after 26 years. Ah well, all good things must come to an end.

*Salutes*

It is now 11:10.

Grace be with you.

P.S. You can never go wrong with S'Mores, whether they're made over a fire or in the oven, they're delicious.
Posting this at about 11:32 because I have to read through anything I write online thoroughly at least twice before posting it.

No comments: