Thursday, May 9, 2013

Redecorating!!! (Cake & Ice Cream Is Always Good)

The past few weeks we have been redecorating my room. We are not done, but it's already looking beautiful. My walls are painted two of my favorite colors: the top is light pink and I (with the help of Mommy & Chris) stamped metallic pink roses on it and then the bottom half is a deep garnet. Mommy & Chris made a headboard for my bed by gluing two pieces of thick foam onto two pieces of wood and then we took some really pretty fabric and pinned it around the foam in the back and they nailed the wood to the wall behind my bed. It's just perfect and looks lovely. I spray painted my outlet covers gold and they look really nice. Mommy ordered some pretty, white lace curtains that we will eventually put up (I'll tell you why we can't really do anything in a mo) and then we'll sew some heavier curtains to put over the lace curtains. We got the fabric for the curtains at Wal-Mart, I loved it the moment I saw it and was sure it was going to be expensive, but it was only $1 a yard! We were amped about that. We also got some really pretty, light pink sheets at Wal-Mart and then my burgundy comforter (with bed skirt and pillow shams) arrived today and it will all look so pretty when they're put together!
We still have a bit of a ways to go, but it will look really pretty when it's all finished and I will finally have the room of my dreams. I do so look forward to it being finished and I can't wait to share pictures with you all!
Mommy & I are going to swag a pretty, burgundy tulle fabric around my room where the paint colors meet and she said she'll paint a gold line around the room where the colors meet, which will be really nice and will go quite well with my outlet covers.
Because I have a love (which is possibly an understatement) of Ireland, Mommy is going to paint one Celtic Trinity Knot on each wall in green and gold.
We have a shelf that I plan to paint pink to put on the wall so I can display my porcelain dolls on it.
You can never go wrong with a Victorian pink room (unless you're a guy, in which case it is disturbing).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reason we are unable, at this time, to continue in the redecorating process is because I had surgery on my foot 2 days ago and so have been in bed a lot, with my foot up. It is getting a bit better, but I still can't bend it to walk on it very much.
A kind-of-friend of mine told me to have cake because it would make me feel better and a best friend of mine told me to have ice cream because it would make me feel better, so I had both together last night and am convinced that's part of the reason I feel better today....not really, but I like to think so anyway.
Always remember, you can never go wrong with cake and ice cream....or chocolate (unless it's white chocolate or, in most cases, milk chocolate; stick with dark chocolate).

YUM!!!
*Note* Picture not taken by me.


Grace be with you. 

No comments: