Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just Gonna Say It Once

Got the results back from the tumor and I have lymphoma. Going to the Dr. on Monday to talk about it.
This will be a rough road ahead of us, but I know I'm covered with prayer, which means the world to me. I don't want people to worry about me, instead, take up that worrying time and pray, because that's what helps. Worrying doesn't do anything.
As of right now, I'm not scared or worried. God knows what He's doing, even if we don't understand. God's plan is perfect.
I have love and support from all my family and friends, and many prayers.
No one knows what the future holds, but God wrote it so He knows it and is in control always.
For some reason, lately I feel stronger in my faith than, maybe, I ever have. What else can I do?  I can't sit around and worry about it, can't give up hope, won't feel sorry for myself, instead, I will pray for the Lord's strength for me and my family and friends to help us through this time.
God is Lord over all and He holds the universe in the palm of His hand. He knows the length of our days, for He wrote them.
God has given Dr.'s and scientists more and more wisdom with things like this. I pray someday there will be a cure, but I do not pray that only for myself.
I realize having a blog just out there in the world wide web doesn't mean much to people that don't even know you but, if you come across this post, will you send up at least one prayer for me? While you're at it, remember everyone else in the world with this disease, I know I'm not the only one, and pray for them. Thank you.


Grace be with you.

2 comments:

Travis said...

I don't know who you are, but I came across your post and I said a prayer for you

Katie said...

Thank you, Travis.