Thursday, August 16, 2012

It Has Been Awhile

To my few followers and readers, forgive my long absence. Sometimes I just have no idea what to write.

Tuesday I had follow-up scans to make sure the cancer has not returned. For some reason, I had been worrying about this for a very long time and have cried- well, sobbed is more like it - several times because I was so afraid something had returned.
We got the results today and all is clear and fine. My Radiologist (who is always so nice and awesome) told us that the scans look great and everything is looking really good. He told us that since everything is looking so good, there's a very, very slim chance of anything returning. Because I was so happy about the news, I started crying a little bit and Mommy told him how I had been so worried and he told me not to worry and that he'll do the worrying; he's great.
We are just praising the Lord for this wonderful news.
Tomorrow is my Oncologist's Birthday so last night I made PB cookies and Espresso bars and we're going to take them to the Oncology Center for him and all the nurses. We had planned on doing it today but he doesn't work on Thursdays. But since tomorrow is his Birthday, it all worked out perfectly.
I must say, I do look forward to seeing the nurses there. All of them are kind of like my friends now, and they're all just the sweetest. I've always felt that way about them, but can't say enough how much I appreciate everyone there and how grateful I am to the Lord that he blessed me with such wonderful doctors and nurses throughout all of this.

I have an Etsy shop now, so far I'm just selling handmade earrings, but I hope to get inspiration of other things I can make and sell. I sold one pair of earrings within just a few days of it being opened, so I was thankful for that.
I also have a Pinterest, if anyone is interested in following me: pinterest.com/1maiden4manutd.

Oh, on the 20th, I have an appointment to see a surgeon because I have this kind of swelling on my foot that's been there for several weeks now and my Dr. thinks it's a cyst, but because of my history with cancer, and knowing that I wouldn't be comfortable until we know for sure, she said we should go see a surgeon. He thinks it could be a popped blood vessel and told me to put heat on it at least 3 times a day for 20 minutes each time, which, unfortunately, I haven't been able to do it that often a day, but I have done it at least twice most days. It will start to go down, but if I accidentally skip a few days, it gets bigger again. He said that it's nothing to worry about at all but, if it is a cyst, it would have to be removed, so we'll see what he says on Monday.

Other than all of that, I do not think there is anything new with us.

My hair is coming back nicely and Mommy and I decided that it's getting long enough now to where we don't need to use hairspray anymore (she always fixes it for me because I am not used to short hair and because she likes it...as do I).

In other non-related news:
Last Christmas, I made one of my best friends a scrapbook/cookbook type thing and I keep meaning to post about it (it's taken me long enough) because I took pictures of all the pages and, if I may say, they're quite cute. I'll have to try and post those pictures soon.
I also need to keep up with writing here, as I do enjoy it.

And now, my friends, farewell.

Grace be with you.

No comments: